Wednesday 15 March 2017

FINAL ROUGH Cut

...

...
Things I have done since the last rough cut:
Idents:
1. I put diegetic sound over the second film ident.
2. I made the second film ident fade to red instead of just being red the entire time.

Rape Chase Scene:
1. I faded in the diegetic sounds of the female rape victim's breathing over the third ident, not just having the sounds at full level immediately. I played with non-diegetic music audio levels too to make the diegetic heartbeat sound stand out.

Greenscreen Abduction Scene:
1. I continued the screaming over the black intertitles, and faded up the screaming. I also changed the pitch and tone of this scream to make it sound like a different girl victim to the first.
2. I used a different sound to the same metallic/electrical sound on the shots of the bag being put over the head. I realised I needed something better for both the shots of the bag being put over the head. I also added a sounds that make a real audio punch, to go with the transition between the abduction scene and the lair scene.
3. I added more titles into the first scene such as casting by, music by, written by.
4. I faded the non-diegetic music up in the second scene (greenscreen abduction scene) to build up scare so that there is a jump in audio when it finally comes on.
6. I dropped the 2 shots in the rape chase scene showing the victim girl well in the distance.
7. At 0:57 I realised that the sound FX before was too metallic.
8. At 1:51 I took away a tiny moaning sound over one of the key framed tied-up takes.
9. At 1:22 I changed the cross-fade to a fade to-in from black to denote ellipsis and I carried over the busy studio sound (reduced audio obviously) as ambient sound.

Lair Scene:
1. I re-recorded and added better diegetic sounds of Alex gagging and moaning continuously throughout the lair scene.
2. I changed the loud scream at the very end of the film opening by re-recording it because I realised it might have not been the most convincing scream ever.
3. I added a secondary music element as the killer goes down stairs. This secondary music I added was long bass notes, plucked strings, irregular fast notes, long drawn out notes and fast notes.
4. At the start of the lair scene I added more tied-up shots of Alex cross-cut in between the shots of the female killer walking down the stairs. With those shots, I added much better diegetic sound which is distantly audible as the female killer goes down stairs - it was very low and muffled, but there; it gets louder as she nears.
5. I added a musical emphasis on the shot of the candles on floor because it gets extra creepy at this point. The following shots all ramp up the horror so I also needed non-diegetic music to make it extra creepy.
6. I decided to bring in the diegetic heartbeat sound later, when the cross-cutting starts at the end when the female killer is walking towards the victim.

No comments:

Post a Comment